The JLC LIVE New England 2018 Call for Presentations is now open! If you would like to be considered for the upcoming conference program, please review the information below and fill out our submission form.
Conference: March 21–24, 2018
Location: Rhode Island Convention Center | Providence, RI
Audience: Remodelers, Builders, Residential Contractors, Deck Builders, Architects, Designers,
Business Owners, Project Managers
Business, Human Resources, Materials and Techniques, Sales & Marketing, Production,
Technology, Energy & Building Performance
While all ideas are welcome, the following course topics have been identified to be of interest to our audience and those submissions that fit the following criteria will be given more weight.
- Business Management—business “best practices”, business plan, LEAN systems, job costing, cash flow management, estimating strategies, marketing strategies, fixed price vs. cost plus
- Technology—for use in sales and project management, new hardware, apps
- Legal/HR Issues—hiring/firing, finding and retaining talent, contracts, taxes, liabilities
Production—scheduling, job scope
Materials and Techniques
Round-table with contractor, designer and architect
Presentations must show evidence of material that will make a significant contribution to the development of attendees’ professional capabilities and knowledge of the field.
- Four, well-defined learning objectives that can be readily implemented in the workplace
- "How-To"sessions that stimulate and provide attendees with new skill, technology or processes
- Practical and forward-thinking content that will promote interactive exchange of ideas
- Presenter with strong speaking experience and in-depth knowledge of topic and audience needs
JLC LIVE New England historically receives and reviews several new submissions each year. Not all submissions will be selected. The submission deadline is August 1, 2017, and all presentations will be confirmed by mid-October. Speakers will be notified via e-mail regarding final decisions. Selected speakers will receive confirmation documents outlining role, responsibilities, and requirements.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process, please contact Julie Clifford
at 972-536-6462. Speakers will be notified no later than November 11, 2017, if their submission(s) was/were accepted for the JLC LIVE New England 2018 Conference Program.
The QR Codes below have been provided in order to make returning to these pages convenient on your mobile device:
What are QR Codes? They are a machine-readable code consisting of an array of black and white squares, typically used for storing URLs or other information for reading by the camera on a smartphone